HEAD OF OPERATIONS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Sarabande is a leading arts and cultural foundation with exhibition space and artist studios based in N1. Established by Lee Alexander McQueen, it exists to support the most creatively fearless visionaries of the future across a range of disciplines in art, design, film and contemporary craftsmanship.
We have a high profile and exciting busy events and studio complex, with prospects of further expansion. We are looking for a Head of Operations, with strong leadership and organisational skills. Working alongside a small passionate team and reporting to the Chief Executive, the individual needs to be self motivated, entrepreneurial and creatively minded to problem solving with the ability to see and achieve both short- and long-term goals. Skills in people management and communications are essential as are a resilient can-do attitude, and the ability to smile even under pressure. This is a senior role in a forward-thinking and quick moving organisation. The successful applicant will engage and manage projects with top-level partners across the world and will be responsible for the exceptional delivery of a range of projects, partnerships and events.
Candidate should have 3+ years operational experience in a creatively led company, diligent in administration and also be able to project manage a range of high profile and international projects and events.
Impeccable telephone, e-mail and personal etiquette skills are essential, as are the ability to work under pressure, and enjoyment of a fast-paced environment and of meeting multiple deadlines.
You should have a strong knowledge and interest in arts, culture and in particular the emerging arts scene. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- This role requires extensive operational management. You will be required to manage all health and safety for the building and ensure that Sarabande is both compliant and smooth running.
- This includes but is not limited to annual fire drills and weekly fire alarm tests, first aid, pat testing, evacuation plans and disability access.
- You will manage and negotiate contracts with engineers and contractors, take great pride in maintaining a clean and presentable office environment, studio complex and event space at all times.
- You will also be required to lead and maintain an up to date CRM database of Sarabande contacts and benefactors.
- You will be the main point of contact for all resident artists in the studios, and expected to have strong relationships with all artists associated with the Foundation on a day to day basis.
ARTIST STUDIO MANAGEMENT
- Shortlist applicants, schedule and manage interviews
- Write offer letters, arrange all annual tenancy agreements, operating guidelines, and key forms
- Keep record of when people move in and out, and ensure studios are cleaned and ready for the new annual intake
- Create, manage and maintain relationships with HNWi through Hubspot
- Manage CRM - active and notes on all contacts associated with the Foundation
- Cultivate relationships with supporters/ benefactors by inviting them to events and sending reports
- Manage all income records and reporting for the patron programme
- Research potential supporters (Individuals, Organisations and Trusts and Foundations) for general patronage or specific projects
- Administer the income and reporting for American Friends of Sarabande
- Compile financial reports when requested
- Write briefing notes for members of the team ahead of any visits
SARABANDE EVENTS PRODUCTION
- Assist the Sarabande team with creating programme of events: inviting speakers, thinking of topics and workshops
- Host speakers and patrons where relevant, and also host tours of the studios.
- Project manage a variety of events, projects and partnerships as they come in. This includes but is not limited to retail projects, fundraising dinners, artists pop up, press and publications.
- Point of contact for all alumni including new scholars
- Maintain relationships with the full network, send cards and chocolates during busy times at uni etc; remember what they’ve been up to and talk to them about it
- Support on exhibitions or development work where requested
- Write reference letters
- Manage inter-artist studio relationships when needed
- Write proposals for corporate partnerships or sponsorship in line with Sarabande’s ambitions
- Manage relationships with partners, advocate for Sarabande and ensure our values, criteria and ethos are being met
- Support artists during commercial projects
REPORTING shared with team
- Prepare wrap reports for projects, and successful trusts and funds applications
- Assisting with the annual Charity Commission reporting
- Quarterly reports for patrons and potential donors
- Organise agenda for trustee meetings and write up minutes
MISC – shared with everyone
- Sales invoicing and follow up as necessary for example: ad space, tables for fundraising dinners, Sarabande commercial products
- Support the Chief Executive however needed
To apply, please email a one-page cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.