Sarabande is a leading arts and cultural foundation with exhibition space and artist studios based in N1. Established by Lee Alexander McQueen to support the most creatively fearless across a range of disciplines in art, design, film and contemporary craftsmanship.
Working as part of a small passionate team, the individual needs to be focused and creatively minded with exceptional organisation skills and the ability to see both short- and long-term goals. Skills in digital communication are an essential, plus a can-do attitude, and the ability to adapt to different projects and learn whatever skills necessary to execute the project to the best of your ability…even if it’s a teach yourself on Google job!
This is a role in a forward-thinking and quick moving organisation. The successful applicant will engage and manage projects with digital partners internationally and will be generally responsible for documenting and communicating the work of the foundation as well as the exceptional delivery of all digital and special projects, partnerships, and events.
They will also feel confident leading Sarabande’s Digital and Content team, an ambitious department of 3 to 4 staff members. The successful applicant will not only oversee the department, but also develop and nurture the skills of each of its team members.
- Graphic design for digital and print (Adobe InDesign)
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Photography (Digital)
- Photo editing (Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom)
- Social media coordination
- Digital strategy and marketing
- A strong eye for good design and visual aesthetics
- A strong understand of cultural trends across contemporary art, design and fashion
- Time management – punctual and reliable, able to manage workload and priorities effectively. Can perform multiple tasks within the required timeframe. Able to work under pressure
- Ability to perform varied tasks depending on the needs of the Foundation and a constantly changing environment. Comfortable in an environment of evolving responsibilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with both internal and external contacts. Is confident and able to interact professionally and appropriately with all.
- Reporting and administration – excellent administrative and IT skills, is organized and has full handle on all tasks. Is accurate with good attention to detail.
- A commitment to Sarabande’s goals and objectives
- Graphic Design (Adobe Illustrator)
- Animation (Adobe After Effects)
- Sound editing (Adobe Audition)
- Documentary style filming
- Project and events production, or a strong can-do attitude will suffice!
- Website design and/or build
- Working with the CEO to create an effective and dynamic digital strategy for Sarabande’s growth
- Support the CEO in managing digital partnerships and ensure delivery of all digital projects
- Managing Sarabande’s digital and content department – a team of 3 to 4 staff members
- Run department budgets
- Oversee all filming, photography and storytelling of the artists the foundation supports
- Oversee filming, photography of all filmed/photographed events
- Ensure all visuals and content represent the Sarabande brand
- Capture and edit films to a strong standard that communicate the work of the Foundation
- Design and produce our annual printed catalogue
- Manage and update the website
- Create and format project and partnership proposals adhering to Sarabande’s brand guidelines
- Archive and keep a good library of all digital content, and ensure it is filed correctly and can be easily accessed by the team
- Manage content output and engagement of all Sarabande’s social channels
- Ensure that we create engaging content for all partners. And deliver them in a timely manner
- Assist in setting up and arranging talks and events, ensuring digital presentations are formatted in line with our brand guidelines
- Assist in the Sarabande administration and maintenance
- Overseeing that all Sarabande related press is collated into a monthly report
- Be responsible for updating and managing the Sarabande database
- You will be required to do a fire marshal and first aid course
- Research projects as requested
- Assisting with organisation of studio events, open studios and exhibitions
- Although the candidate will be leading digital and content projects, this is a very small team, and they will be expected to assist in all areas of running the foundation and helping to pull projects together.
Candidate should have 2 to 3+ years digital and design professional experience in a creatively lead company. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a one-page cover letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications – 15th November 2021
Pease note we will be reviewing applications on a first come first serve basis, so would encourage you apply as soon as you are able.