JUNIOR DIGITAL ASSISTANT AT SARABANDE
Join the Sarabande team!
Sarabande is a leading arts and cultural foundation with exhibition space and artist studios based in N1. Established by Lee Alexander McQueen, it exists to support the most creatively fearless visionaries of the future across a range of disciplines in art, design, film and contemporary craftsmanship.
The Sarabande team is looking for a Junior Digital Assistant, with go-to attitude and prowess in photography, videography and editing. Working alongside a small passionate team and reporting to the Digital and Events Producer, the individual needs to be creative, highly motivated, and use their digital skills to support the foundation in the production of outstanding content, all while ensuring organisation and trouble-free functioning.
Skills in communications and a passion for creativity are appreciated as well as the ability to take initiative and act as a supportive right-hand.
This is a role in a forward-thinking and quick moving organisation. The successful applicant will engage and support projects with top-level partners across the world and will be responsible for the exceptional delivery of a range of projects, partnerships and events. Working under pressure, and enjoyment of a fast-paced environment and of meeting multiple deadlines are key.
Candidate should have 1-2 years digital and design experience in a creatively-led company. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Graphic Design for digital and print (Adobe InDesign)
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Photography (Digital)
- Photo Editing (Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom)
- Social media coordination
- A strong eye for good design and visual aesthetics
- A strong understand of cultural trends across contemporary art, design and fashion
- Time management – punctual and reliable, able to manage workload and priorities effectively. Can perform multiple tasks within the required timeframe. Able to work under pressure.
- Comfortable in an environment of evolving responsibilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- Reporting and administration – excellent administrative and IT skills.
- Candidate must show commitment to Sarabande’s goals and objectives
- Graphic Design (Adobe Illustrator)
- Animation (Adobe After Effects)
- Sound editing (Adobe Audition)
- Documentary style filming
- Project and events production
- Website design
- Working with the Digital and Events Producer to create an effective and dynamic digital strategy for Sarabande’s growth
- Support the CEO and Digital and Events Producer in managing digital partnerships and ensure delivery of all digital projects
- Reporting department budgets
- Filming, photography and storytelling of the artists the foundation supports and all filmed/photographed events
- Ensure all visuals and content represent the Sarabande brand
- Design and production of printed material
- Manage and update the Sarabande website
- Create and format project and partnership proposals adhering to Sarabande’s brand guidelines
- Archive and keep a good library of all digital content, and ensure it is filed correctly and can be easily accessed by the team
- Ensure that we create engaging content for all partners and deliver them in a timely manner
- Assist in setting up and arranging talks and events, ensuring digital presentations are formatted in line with our brand guidelines
- Assist in the Sarabande administration and maintenance
- Overseeing that all Sarabande related press is collated into a monthly report
- You will be required to do a fire marshal and first aid course
Some evening and weekend work will be required, usually during events.
To apply, please email a one-page cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.