Head of Operations and Artist Liaison
Sarabande is a leading arts and cultural foundation with exhibition space and artist studios based in N1. Established by Lee Alexander McQueen to support the most creatively fearless visionaries of the future across arrange of disciplines in art, design, film and contemporary craftsmanship.
Working as part of a small passionate team, the individual needs to be entrepreneurial and creatively minded with exceptional organisation skills and the ability to see both short- and long-term goals. Skills in people management and communications is essential plus a resilient can-do attitude, and the ability to smile even under pressure. This is a senior role in a forward-thinking and quick moving organisation. The successful applicant will engage and manage projects with top-level partners across the world and will be generally responsible for the exceptional delivery of all projects, partnerships and events.
Skills and experience in writing is key; as the role requires you to write about the foundation with different voices, a minimum of 40,000 words per year.
Candidate should have 2+ years production / operational experience in a creatively lead company.
Impeccable telephone, e-mail and personal etiquette skills.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while meeting multiple deadlines.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a one-page cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications - 6th August
Pease note we will be reviewing applications on a first come first serve basis, so would encourage you apply as soon as you are able.
This role requires extensive operational management, you will be required to manage all health and safety for the building and ensure that Sarabande is compliant.
This includes but is not limited to annual fire drills and weekly fire alarm tests, first aid, pat testing, evacuation plans and disability access.
You will manage and negotiate contracts with engineers and contractors, maintain a clean and presentable office environment, studio complex and event space at all times.
Maintain the general contact database for all visitors, press etc to the Foundation.
SARABANDE EVENTS PRODUCTION
- Assist with creating programme of events; inviting speakers, thinking of topics and workshops
- Write exhibition texts
- Lead the team in invites to HWNI, press and potential patrons, and the targeting of new guest lists
- Host speakers, and patrons where relevant and tour studios.
- Manage annual Summer Group Show with deadlines for artists, production of show and invites.
- Project manage variety of events, projects and partnerships as they come in. This includes but is not limited to retail projects, fundraising dinners, artists pop up, publications
ARTIST STUDIO MANAGEMENT
- Shortlist applicants, schedule and manage interviews.
- Write offer letters, arrange all annual tenancy agreements, operating guidelines, and key forms.
- Keep record of when people move in and out, and ensure studios are cleaned and ready for new annual intake
- Manage shared calendars & booking system for main space
- Point of contact for all alumni inc new scholars
- Maintain relationships with the full network, send cards & chocolates during busy times at uni etc. remember what they’ve been up to and talk to them about it.
- Support on exhibitions or development work where requested
- Write reference letters
- Manage inter-artist studio relationships when needed
DEVELOPMENT – shared with the Sarabande team
- Create, manage and maintain relationships with HNWi
- Manage donor spreadsheets - active and notes on potentials
- Keep in touch with donors by inviting to events or sending reports
- Manage and all income records and reporting for the patron programme
- Research potential supporters (Individuals, Organisations and Trusts and Foundations) for general patronage or specific projects
- Administer the income and reporting for American Friends of Sarabande
- Compile financial reports when requested.
- Create, present and maintain research notes on all individuals who may support
- Write briefing notes for members of the team ahead of any visits
PARTNERSHIPS – assisting on the below
- Write proposals for corporate partnerships or sponsorship in line with Sarabande’s ambitions
- Manage relationships with partners, advocate for Sarabande and ensure our values, criteria and ethos are being met
- Support artists during commercial projects
- Prepare wrap reports for projects, and successful trusts and funds applications
- Annual Charity Commission
- Quarterly reports for patrons and potential donors
- Organise agenda for trustee meetings and write up minutes
MISC – shared with everyone
- Sales as necessary for example: ad space, tables to dinners, Sarabande commercial products
- Attend events on behalf of Sarabande
- Support CEO however needed